Tuesday 6 September 2011

Trend: Trousers

Jeans are over, you hear me, over.  For once the boys are leading the way with this trend. These days you are more likely to see boys wandering around in sand coloured chinos than you are jeans, and be prepared for more of the same, cordaroy skinny trousers have just hit down in Topman and River Island- men in cords are marching on the horizon.

But I digress, all summer long coloured skinny jean-trousers have been popping up all over the high street slowly weaning us off the same old boring blue denim. For AW11 there is a plethora of trousers, proper trousers, to choose from in gorgeous deep colours. I like them tight, skinny and rolled up 7/8s then worn with brogues or creepers, but you can style yours however you want.

I have some black ones from M&S I’ve been living in for the past two weeks. They make me feel like Audrey Hepburn or Coco Chanel, sporty and effortlessly chic.

There is also a shape to suit everyone- Capri, Cigarette, Peg-Leg, Chino and Pleat Fronts all offer variation on the skinny coloured trouser theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment