Sunday 4 September 2011

Dior vs. Lanvin

The major couture houses are at war with their new AW11 TV adverts or ‘Fashion Films’ if you’re in the know, dahling. Chanel started this trend with their mini film featuring Nicole Kidman and continued it with Keria Knightly. Lanvin’s AW11 campaign features (highly comical) dancing to Pitbull’s ‘I know you want me’ by Karen Elson and Raquel Zimmermann, and is well worth a watch.

Debuting on ITV tonight is Dior’s offering in the form of Charlize Theron, ‘Marilyn Monroe’, ‘Marlene Dietrich’ and ‘Grace Kelly’.  It’s a clever ruse to show us that the fragrance is at once timeless and modern. The ad is, of course, beautifully shot with The Gossip providing a punchy soundtrack. It makes me really want to buy J’Adore for myself, my mum wears it and I steal some every time I go home but can’t get away from it feeling a bit ‘old’ for me to wear everyday.

Which is best?




Love them both. 

1 comment:

  1. I think I prefer the Dior one. Though to be honest I don't think music quite goes.
    Did you know that one of the Lanvin art directors is actually in that video? The dude at the end. It's quite comical. xxx

    ReplyDelete