Monday 19 September 2011

In Love With Leopard


What is the first thing you think of when you think of leopard print? It could be punk girls in Camden, an over-the-hill perma tanned bar maid, a Russian millionaires on holiday, or a Saturday night girl wearing it skin tight. No other print straddles fashion genres so comfortably and can look mainstream, alternative or just plain wrong depending on who, when and where its worn. It can look expensive or cheap regardless of how much the item cost, or how rich or poor the person wearing it is.


Kat Slater to Catwalk (Dior Couture)

I have always loved it and worn it even when its not having a fashion moment (which, lets face it, is not very often). It is the LBD of the print world.  

This season the leopard madness has moved to accessories, last season it was all about the coats.  There has been a strong challenge to leopard's print crown by snake, zebra and dalmation prints but they will never have the versitily or durability of the humble leopard.  Here’s my pick of high street and designer items you'll wear over and over:

J Crew Edie Calf Hair Tote, £375, Net-A-Porter

Christian Louboutin Leopard Brogues, £653, Net-a-Porter

Adina Leopard Ankle Boots, £80, Topshop



Leopard Print Tote, £149, John Lewis Collection

I own (drum roll please) 2 pairs of leopard shoes (brogues and pumps), leopard print scarf, leopard print headscarf, leopard print boxy jacket, leopard print tights, leopard print dress, leopard print t-shirt x2, leopard print vest, leopard print mini bag, leopard body suit, leopard print umbrella…I think that’s it, I’m obsessed but insatiable I NEED more leopard in my life- on my wish list are leopard wedge boots, leopard leggings and another dress.  

I leave you with a small sample of my leopard collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment